The PGA of America's Membership Services Department and Employment Screening Associates (ESA) have partnered to provide a fast, easy and accurate solution to perform background checks on all prospective PGA members. This step in the membership process helps to ensure the integrity of the PGA Membership Program while ensuring your clients are working with a true golf professional with the same high standards as other PGA employees. ESA performs this service at a reasonable cost, paid by the prospective member during an online screening session.
Mission of the PGA Professional Golf Management Program
The PGA Professional Golf Management Program provides world-class training for aspiring golf professionals by offering skill-based training programs that provide state-of-the-art skills and knowledge. Graduates of this program will become outstanding golf professionals who provide exceptional service to their customers, employers, fellow professionals and the game of golf.
If you have any questions concerning the PGA Professional Golf Management program or the requirements to become a PGA member, call PGA Membership Services at (800) 474-2776.
It's fast and easy to get started
Simply complete and submit the information requested on the form below, providing a valid email address. ESA will respond to your email with a link for you to start your online session to complete your background check.
Services Performed in the PGA Membership Background Check
- U.S. County Criminal Check based on Former Residence Trace - We search the records of the court clerk in the counties indicated by the Former Residence Trace. This checks for felonies and misdemeanors (where available). Most courts provide records going back 7 years.
- National Offenders Watch - ESA partners with the industries largest privately held criminal records database that accesses more than 133 million records spanning 37 states and the District of Columbia. This service helps identify counties and states that might not have been readily available or apparent.
- National Sex Offender Registry - We search the nationwide sex offender registry database for known offenders
- Pre-Employment Social Security Trace - Instant validity check of a SSN based on series assignment, date of birth, and mortality
- Education Verification - Verification of enrollment, graduation and type of diploma/degree received from the highest level of educational institution attended.
Please have the following information readily available before starting your session:
**Validex is now ESA: You will be taken to the|
Validex domain to begin your session.